- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Many people have reacted to the photo of a young boy bing used as a laborer on a construction site which they claim depicts how poverty in the country drives child labour.
The effects of poverty in any country can be measured with the well-being of it’s children. Many believe that this young boy is a victim of the failed economy that is currently plaguing Nigeria.
The unidentified boy was pictured working on a construction site while carrying a heavy bucket of sand on his head. Some social media users have suggested that it might have been the decision of the boy to join in the work to be productive. While some have perceived it as plain wrong that a child will have to be exposed to such harsh conditions just to get food on the table.
On the bright side, the photo has stirred up conversations on social media, some of which capture dthe attention of a certain Twitter user Identified as Kembalo. On seeing the picture, she posted that people help her in locating the boy who she has offered to sponsor his education and ensure he is well taken care of.
For some Nigerians, the photo is completely heart-breaking if it indeed means that the young boy is doing such to survive. One can commend his drive but in reality, no child should have to face such harsh conditions just to get bread.
Who does this to a kid???
No matter the level of hardship no child deserves this kind of life!
How can someone in their sane minds even think of employing this kid to do jobs like this??
This is child labour!!
How did we get here??? Just how? pic.twitter.com/aP8cmpM4kC
— Patriotic Nigerian (@thatnsukaboy) December 8, 2018
Kembalo who has offered to sponsor the young boy if he is found, gained the praises and prayers of Nigerians who agree that he deserves to be in school and live a more respectable life.
Please retweet till we find this boy, I will be responsible for his schooling and upkeep. Thanks. https://t.co/hTKrB965ab
— adekemi famuagun balogun. (@kembalo) December 8, 2018
Here’s how some Nigerians reacted to the photo below:
If this thing really surprises you to this extent then you must have been living outside Nigeria for long. Its just one of the consequences of bad leadership and artificial poverty. If a 10y/o child have to struggle to feed himself then our society & govt have a big problem.
— SANI SAID BABA (@Ssbaba992) December 8, 2018
Y'all too sensitive these days going on ranting about pictures you know nothing about
You have been a kid before you know these things there's a high probability he saw people doing it and asked to join just to feel good
— JLINGZ💥 (@Qwadwo_) December 8, 2018
On the other hand the father might be a bricklayer and takes his son to work with him
— IndigenousGenius (@_balogunidowu_) December 8, 2018