- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Many people have reacted to the photo of a young boy bing used as a laborer on a construction site which they claim depicts how poverty in the country drives child labour.
The effects of poverty in any country can be measured with the well-being of it’s children. Many believe that this young boy is a victim of the failed economy that is currently plaguing Nigeria.
The unidentified boy was pictured working on a construction site while carrying a heavy bucket of sand on his head. Some social media users have suggested that it might have been the decision of the boy to join in the work to be productive. While some have perceived it as plain wrong that a child will have to be exposed to such harsh conditions just to get food on the table.
On the bright side, the photo has stirred up conversations on social media, some of which capture dthe attention of a certain Twitter user Identified as Kembalo. On seeing the picture, she posted that people help her in locating the boy who she has offered to sponsor his education and ensure he is well taken care of.
For some Nigerians, the photo is completely heart-breaking if it indeed means that the young boy is doing such to survive. One can commend his drive but in reality, no child should have to face such harsh conditions just to get bread.
Who does this to a kid???
No matter the level of hardship no child deserves this kind of life!
How can someone in their sane minds even think of employing this kid to do jobs like this??
This is child labour!!
How did we get here??? Just how? pic.twitter.com/aP8cmpM4kC
— Patriotic Nigerian (@thatnsukaboy) December 8, 2018
Kembalo who has offered to sponsor the young boy if he is found, gained the praises and prayers of Nigerians who agree that he deserves to be in school and live a more respectable life.
Please retweet till we find this boy, I will be responsible for his schooling and upkeep. Thanks. https://t.co/hTKrB965ab
— adekemi famuagun balogun. (@kembalo) December 8, 2018
Here’s how some Nigerians reacted to the photo below:
If this thing really surprises you to this extent then you must have been living outside Nigeria for long. Its just one of the consequences of bad leadership and artificial poverty. If a 10y/o child have to struggle to feed himself then our society & govt have a big problem.
— SANI SAID BABA (@Ssbaba992) December 8, 2018
Y'all too sensitive these days going on ranting about pictures you know nothing about
You have been a kid before you know these things there's a high probability he saw people doing it and asked to join just to feel good
— JLINGZ? (@Qwadwo_) December 8, 2018
On the other hand the father might be a bricklayer and takes his son to work with him
— IndigenousGenius (@_balogunidowu_) December 8, 2018