- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Woman intentionally sets own daughter ablaze with petrol in Kaduna
Officials of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, have arrested a woman in Kaduna for allegedly setting her eight-year- old daughter ablaze with petrol.
According to reports, the mother had asked her daughter to look after her two younger siblings as she had to go out to attend to her business. However when she returned, she found out her 8-year-old daughter left for their neighbour’s house to watch a TV series, leaving her younger siblings unattended to.
This got her so angry that she went into her house, got petrol, poured on her daughter and set her on fire, leaving her with serious burns. She locked the little girl in her house for six days until neighbors raised alarm and invited the NSCDC officials,
The mother was arrested immediately while the girl was rushed to the hospital for treatment.