- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Fire consume a whole family on Christmas day in Benin
It was a tragic Christmas day for residents of No 27 Mabel Street, off Etete road as their belongings were razed by fire that also consumed a Man, wife and their baby.
The fire incident that struck at about 2am on Christmas day consumed a family of three . Witnesses said the family was consumed by the fire before help could get to them.
Landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare said the fire started at 2am after he saw smoke emitting from one of the tenant’s room.
“I forced the door opened and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in. The family died in the inferno.”
A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph said she ran into her room to pick up her child and ran through the back door into the bush because there was flame everywhere.
According to Okhuoghae Osawaru, “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started.
“The man is a hardworking man. He just returned from outstation to perhaps celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby.
“The guy is hardworking, humble and nice. It was a pity for it to happen on Christmas day.”
The name of the man could not be ascertained as at press time.
You may like to read; Muslims celebrate Christmas with Kaduna pastor (photos)