- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
My father stole N3.8m, says Kidnapper as he confesses on how he spent N4.5m ransom in Akwa Ibom
A suspected notorious kidnapper in Akwa Ibom State, Edidiong Uduak Luke had confessed that out of N4.5million he collected as a ransom from his victim, his father stole and absconded with about N3.8million.
The suspect disclosed this in reaction to the question by newsmen on how he expended the 4.5million ransom he got from his victim.
The Commissioner of Police, Akwa Ibom state, CP Zaki Ahmed who paraded the suspected kidnap kingpin alongside other suspects on Wednesday at the command’s headquarters, Ikot-Akpanabia Uyo said the suspect who is the overall leader of Vikings secret cult group abducted one lady residing at Akpan Essien street Uyo, in 2017.
CP Ahmed in his maiden press briefing explained that the suspect kept the lady in an uncompleted building at Obio Etoi in Uyo and the family paid the sum of N4.5million before she could regain her freedom.
He further explained that the suspect had been on the run since then but only resurfaced to carry out another abduction before he was arrested by the operatives of the anti-kidnapping squad on April 4, 2019 at their hideout in Afaha Effiat village in Etinan LGA.
His words, “Based on credible intelligence, Operatives of Anti-Kidnapping squad on 4/4/2019 at about 01:00am stormed a kidnapping hideout at Afaha Effiat village in Etinan and arrested one of the most wanted kidnap kingpins in the state, Edidiong Uduak a.k.a, ‘Barrister’.
“Suspect confessed to be the leader of Vikings confraternity in Etinan and the masterminder of the abduction of a lady at Akpan Essien street Uyo whose ransome was paid at the sum of four million, five hundred thousand naira(N4.5m).”
The Commissioner also said the command had arrested one David Asuquo (M) and Gabriel Udofia (M) for robbing one Uwem Chemist (M) of N500, 000 at gunpoint on April 15 in Ikot Ambang in Ibiono Ibom LGA.
He said that during investigation, the suspects confessed to the crime and mentioned other gang members now at large.
According to him, “On April 4, Operation Purge in Etim Ekpo Local Government Area, arrested a notorious cultist/armed robbery suspect, one John Emmanuel Effiong (m) aged 29.
“During investigation, suspect confessed his involvement in five armed robbery operations before his arrest, also admitted that he is member of Iceland Confraternity cult group.”
The suspected kidnap kingpin, Edidiong Uduak in an interaction with newsmen, confessed to the crime saying, “My name is Edidiong Uduak Luke and I am 28 years old from Etinan local government area. I went to prison in 2014 but was freed. This is the second time I was arrested for the same kidnapping case in which I kidnapped three people. I collected N4.5 million from them but lost N3.8 million to my father.