- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Dino Melaye: Police hospital declares Kogi Senator fit for trial
THE Police Hospital in Garki, Abuja has declared the senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, fit to face trial.
The conclusion that Dino Melaye is now fit for trial was arrived at after several test conducted on the senator came out negative.
Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of medical Kaomi Amadu said the conclusion was an indication that the senator was not medically challenged as he claimed.
But, Melaye urged the police to relocate him to National hospital after three days of treatment at Police hospital.
The police described the senator’s request and actions so far as Nigerian Home Video Part 2.
AIG Amadu also faulted Melaye’s claim based on medical record from expert.
Melaye, whose Abuja home was under siege for eight days, surrendered to police operatives at the weekend amid drama, which landed him in the hospital.
The senator is wanted by the police for a case of criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide, committed on July 19, 2018, when he and his armed thugs allegedly attacked police personnel; shot and wounded Sgt. Danjuma Saliu, attached to 37 Police Mobile Force (PMF) on stop and search duty on Aiyetoro Gbede, Mopa Road, Kogi State.
You may like to read; Notorious Nigerian Kidnapper who broke out of jail recaptured in Ghana