- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
PDP suspends deputy national chair
The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday, said the PDP National Working Committee took the decision during its extraordinary session on January 5.
He said, “The National Working Committee, in its extraordinary session of the 5th of January, 2019, among other things, critically reviewed the petition against the Deputy National Chairman (North), Senator Gamawa Babayo.
“The NWC found merit in the petition on allegation of dereliction of duty and anti-party activities as contained in Section 58 (1) e, f, g and h of the PDP Constitution.
“Therefore, in exercise of section 29 (2) a, b and c, the NWC hereby invokes Section 59 (1) d of the constitution of the PDP on the Deputy National Chairman (North) and accordingly suspends him from the party immediately.”