- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
PDP suspends deputy national chair
The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday, said the PDP National Working Committee took the decision during its extraordinary session on January 5.
He said, “The National Working Committee, in its extraordinary session of the 5th of January, 2019, among other things, critically reviewed the petition against the Deputy National Chairman (North), Senator Gamawa Babayo.
“The NWC found merit in the petition on allegation of dereliction of duty and anti-party activities as contained in Section 58 (1) e, f, g and h of the PDP Constitution.
“Therefore, in exercise of section 29 (2) a, b and c, the NWC hereby invokes Section 59 (1) d of the constitution of the PDP on the Deputy National Chairman (North) and accordingly suspends him from the party immediately.”