- Breaking: Election Tribunal dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari
- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
Photos of NURTW member, Ismail Afeez aka Legacy who was shot dead during APC rally in Ikeja, Lagos
Ismail Afeez, a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) was shot in the head during a crossfire between hoodlums at the All Progressives Congress (APC’s) governorship flag off Campaign on Tuesday, 8th January 2019.
Ismail Afeez and another yet to be identified person were killed yesterday. Three journalists – The Nation Group Political Editor Emmanuel Oladesu, New Telegraph correspondent, Temitope Ogunbanke and Ibile Television cameraman, Abiodun Yusuf, were hit by stray bullets during the crossfire.
The chairman of NURTW in Oshodi, Musiliu Akinsanya a.k.a MC Oluomo, was also stabbed by hoodlums.
Afeez popularly called Legacy, was shot in the head allegedly by a security detail of NURTW Chairman in Idumota.
He was rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) where he was declared dead.