- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Photos of NURTW member, Ismail Afeez aka Legacy who was shot dead during APC rally in Ikeja, Lagos
Ismail Afeez, a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) was shot in the head during a crossfire between hoodlums at the All Progressives Congress (APC’s) governorship flag off Campaign on Tuesday, 8th January 2019.
Ismail Afeez and another yet to be identified person were killed yesterday. Three journalists – The Nation Group Political Editor Emmanuel Oladesu, New Telegraph correspondent, Temitope Ogunbanke and Ibile Television cameraman, Abiodun Yusuf, were hit by stray bullets during the crossfire.
The chairman of NURTW in Oshodi, Musiliu Akinsanya a.k.a MC Oluomo, was also stabbed by hoodlums.
Afeez popularly called Legacy, was shot in the head allegedly by a security detail of NURTW Chairman in Idumota.
He was rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) where he was declared dead.