- Breaking: Election Tribunal dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari
- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
2019: I’m 100% with APC — Omisore
Former Osun Deputy Governor Senator Iyiola Omisore on Thursday declared he is backing the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming general elections.
He debunked reports he was undecided following the alliance between the APC and the Social Democratic Party (SDP) under which he contested the September 22, 2018 Osun governorship poll.
He said: “There is no rumour about where we are and where we are going. What the APC chairman in Osun State, Gboyega Famodun said was instructive and correct.
“God made relationship between me and the APC possible. Osun is one now and Ife remains the source from where all of draws our strength.
“I don’t have to tell anybody that I am with the party. Any wise person should know where I belong.”
Omisore spoke when Governor Gboyega Oyetola and his entourage, including the chairman of the APC in Osun State, Gboyega Famodun, was received at his Ife country home.
The governor proceeded to the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, in continuation of his “thank you visits across the state.
Omisore, who spoke briefly at the Ooni’s palace, said the coalition between SDP and APC was enough to “show where I stand.”
Omisore contended that his last support during the rerun Osun elections had given direction that he is fully with the ruling APC.
Oyetola described new found relationship with Omisore as God’s doing.
He said the resolve between the APC and Omisore to work together is a “good example from our state,” corroborating what the senator had said that Osun is one.
The governor said the development portends that bright days are ahead.
Oyetola, who also promised good working relationship with all traditional rulers, vowed to develop infrastructural projects in the state and create job opportunities for the youths.
He assured that farming would be given priority.
The governor, who thanked Ife and its environs for their support in the last governorship poll, solicited support for candidates of the APC in the forthcoming general election, assuring them of good government.
You may like to read; Omisore finally reveals why he was excluded in Travel ban list