- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Man, wife, son, grand-daughter killed over land dispute in Benin
Gunmen have killed a man, his only son, wife and grand-daughter over piece of land.
The man identified as Edebiri and his family were shot dead at the residence at Ugbogun village in Uhunmwode local government area of Edo state.
Two of his daughters narrowly escaped death by the whiskers as they were in the room when the gunmen opened fire.
Narrating what happened, elder brother of the deceased who gave his name as Pa Osaretin Oteh, said his brother might have been killed for refusing to give his land to the Community Development Association in the village.
Pa Osaretin said CDA activities was still operational in the community despite the proscription of CDA activities in the state.
He said his late brother refused to allow the CDA members take possession of the land.
A daughter of the deceased, Sandra, said the gunmen pointed a gun on her head and demanded for money, phones and jewelries.
She said she heard gunshot and opened her eyes to see her parents and siblings dead.
Sandra stated that her father had informed them about threat to his life but they did not take it seriously until the gunmen struck.
Her sister, Princess said the gunmen fired at all of them in the room to ensure that they were killed.
“They killed our father, mother, brother and my niece. We want the police to find the killers.”
Police spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, could not be reached for comments.
Corpses of the victims have been deposited at the mortuary.
You may like to read; Pandemonium in Katsina community as Gunmen on motorcycles kill four