- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Four residents of Yar Santa village killed by gunmen in Katsina were buried on Wednesday, according to Islamic rites.
Spokesman for Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident, although he said details would be provided later.
Sources said the gunmen had attacked the village around 6p.m on Tuesday when many of the residents were returning from a market at Kankara town.
The gunmen, who were said to be operating on motorcycles, reportedly unleashed a cascade of gunshots on the community, a development which made many of the residents to scamper in all directions.
The four deceased persons were reportedly hit by bullets from the attackers.
The sources added that the gunmen came back on Wednesday morning when the deceased were being buried. Unconfirmed report said members of vigilante group in the village repelled them.
One of the sources said, “This morning, as we were doing the funeral rites of the deceased, the bandits came again and it took the intervention of the vigilante group to neutralise the attack.”
The Police spokesman said security operatives had already been mobilised to the village.
SP Isah said, “The incident is true, but our people are already on ground and on top of the situation there.”
You may like to read; Pastor who hacks lady life for church growth finally shows her used body parts