- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
3 easy ways you can be caught lying on your CV
If you think lying on your CV could help you get the job fast, you’ll have to think again. Perhaps you’ve heard about job applicants who slightly exaggerate their CV and got away with it but eventually, their lies would come back to hurt them.
There is a reason why hiring managers conduct background checks on job applicants. In a country where getting a job is a serious struggle, lying on your CV will only ruin your chances of getting the job you want.
Here are three major ways employers can detect the lies in your CV.
1. Social Media Research
This is the easiest way to expose fake I formation in a job applicant’s credentials. If you have social media account, it’s important the date and other basic information on those account match with the one in the CV you submit for a job application.
Employers know job candidates sometimes manipulate dates to cover up employment gap or a short period of work experience. They know this and that’s why the conduct social media research about job applicants. Sometimes, all they have to do is to google you and BOOM! Your lies are exposed.