- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
3 reasons why settling for a partner is a bad idea
I totally understand how crazy things might get; your friends repeatedly asking you why you don’t have a girlfriend, your mum asking when you are going to come introduce your girlfriend to her
There is a type of imperfect relationship you could be in. The type that you force yourself into, knowing it’s not right for you, knowing it’s not really what you want.
Because of the type of society we in live in, and the attachment of ‘too much’ importance on relationships and love, especially when you get to a certain age, too many people have had to settle for relationships that are less than fulfilling, because they simply want to conform to society’s standards, or because they don’t want to be alone.
Yes, I totally understand how crazy things might get; your friends repeatedly asking you why you don’t have a girlfriend, your mum asking when you are going to come introduce your girlfriend to her, etc.
The pressure could be exhausting and annoying, but you don’t have to cave in and settle for just anybody because you are being pressured. Don’t be pushed into a life of unhappiness.
Here are three reasons why you should not settle for a relationship just for the sake of it.
1. Your odds are better than you think
You are an amazing young man, an amazing lady with straight priorities, you do not cheat, you are faithful and loyal and sweet and smart.
Come on, that you haven’t met someone yet, or that you have heard so much bad things about cheaters, and read so many hoe stories on Twitter does not mean that there are no good people out there anymore.
Don’t ever settle for the mentality of “there are no good girls out there anymore,” or “all guys are cheaters.”
Don’t do that to yourself. There are tons of great people and your chances of finding them are greater than you think.