- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
3 reasons why settling for a partner is a bad idea
I totally understand how crazy things might get; your friends repeatedly asking you why you don’t have a girlfriend, your mum asking when you are going to come introduce your girlfriend to her
There is a type of imperfect relationship you could be in. The type that you force yourself into, knowing it’s not right for you, knowing it’s not really what you want.
Because of the type of society we in live in, and the attachment of ‘too much’ importance on relationships and love, especially when you get to a certain age, too many people have had to settle for relationships that are less than fulfilling, because they simply want to conform to society’s standards, or because they don’t want to be alone.
Yes, I totally understand how crazy things might get; your friends repeatedly asking you why you don’t have a girlfriend, your mum asking when you are going to come introduce your girlfriend to her, etc.
The pressure could be exhausting and annoying, but you don’t have to cave in and settle for just anybody because you are being pressured. Don’t be pushed into a life of unhappiness.
Here are three reasons why you should not settle for a relationship just for the sake of it.
1. Your odds are better than you think
You are an amazing young man, an amazing lady with straight priorities, you do not cheat, you are faithful and loyal and sweet and smart.
Come on, that you haven’t met someone yet, or that you have heard so much bad things about cheaters, and read so many hoe stories on Twitter does not mean that there are no good people out there anymore.
Don’t ever settle for the mentality of “there are no good girls out there anymore,” or “all guys are cheaters.”
Don’t do that to yourself. There are tons of great people and your chances of finding them are greater than you think.