- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
Former Super Eagles Goalie, Carl Ikeme, begins TV punditry after surviving acute leukaemia
Carl Ikeme who now radiates with a clean bill of health and resumed his television punditry role for BT Sports in the Premier League on Saturday when Wolves defeated Leicester City 4-3 at the Molineux Stadium on Saturday.
32-year-old Carl Ikeme spent his entire career at Wolves, making 207 appearances across all competitions.
He was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in July 2017 after returning abnormal blood tests during a routine pre-season check-up.
Wolves won the English Championship title and returned to the Premier League, but Ikeme played no part due to his ill-health and subsequent treatment.
Ikeme, who was in complete remission after a tough year and intense chemotherapy, finally announced his retirement from football on medical grounds on July 27, 2018.
The former Nigeria international, however, made a comeback to the public glare on Saturday when Wolves hosted Leicester City in a Premier League encounter at the Molineux Stadium.