- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
7 work habits your boss will definitely love
Are you in your boss’s record book as a diligent employee? Can the boss vouch for you as a staff member who takes his work seriously and always beats deadlines? If you have never considered the questions, you’ve got to think about it now.
Everyone likes to be liked by the boss. When you work in an organization where your boss trusts and thinks highly of you, you tend to get happier and productive. Let’s just say you’ll love that job even if it’s demanding.
On the flip side, if your boss doesn’t give a hoot about you, the problem here might not be your boss. Your attitude to work might be the problem you need to work on.
Interestingly, there are some habits you can adopt to get better at what you do and earn your boss and colleagues’ respect. Check these out.
You probably have heard people saying punctuality is the soul of business. This is very true but that’s not all about it. You can also become your boss’s favorite if you’re always punctual. Every boss likes the employee that gets to work early and you can also be in his/her record book as a diligent staff member.
Being the guy that always offers to help can also earn you some good impression at your workplace. I know you have your target to meet, but helping others makes you very useful among your colleagues. However, this doesn’t mean you should start doing eye-service, trying to render helps where none is needed. You know what I mean? Good!
If being accurate sounds obvious it’s because it’s highly expected of you as an employee. Your boss loves it when you consistently get your work done like a pro that you are.
Ability to communicate well is one of the key qualities employers look out for in job candidates. Your boss will definitely be happy to have someone with good communication skills in his team.
5. Demonstrating commitment
How invested are you in your work? Are you really committed to seeing the business grow and succeed or you just see your workplace as an establishment that pays your salary in return for spending eight hours in the office every week days?
To demonstrate your commitment, always try to come up with new, innovative strategies to grow the company. That alone can endear you to your boss.
6. Following through
Every boss likes an employees who can deliver on projects, tasks and other priorities on time. This makes your boss to assign you some tasks and let you do it unsupervised. That means he/she believes you know what to do and when to do it.
7. Being on the same page with your boss
Bosses love employees who take initiative to understand and prioritize their main concerns. They like those employees that follow instructions and get things done the way they want it to be done.