- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Meghan Markle touching notes to sex workers
The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle left loving notes on banana for sex workers to find in their food parcels during a visit to a charity that tries to help them off the streets.
Meghan spontaneously came up with the touching idea to inscribe the kind and empowering words on bananas as she helped volunteers at One25 in Bristol pack lunches for the vulnerable women they help.
She wrote on several of the fruit during her unannounced visit to the charity with Prince Harry, as the couple braved the wintry weather that had been keenly felt in the city overnight.
Among the inspiring messages – all written in capital letters and accompanied by a heart – were: “You are strong”, “You are special”, “You are brave” and “You are loved”.
Before she began, the heavily-pregnant duchess explained how the thought had come to her as a result of watching a programme on television a few days before.
“I was thinking about this the other day. I saw this programme this woman had started in the States on a school lunch programme when on each of the bananas she wrote an affirmation or something to make the kids feel really empowered.