- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
FUTO female student kill boyfriend after ‘siphoning’ N6.8m from him
A 20-year-old undergraduate of the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Chitere Okoronkwo, pictured above, has been arrested by men of the Imo state police command for allegedly killing her boyfriend, Johnmark Osigwe.
Parading Chitere Okoronkwo before newsmen at the command’s headquarters on Tuesday February 12th, the state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, said investigations by the police, showed that Chitere and Johnmark were lovers and after they fell out, she allegedly masterminded his kiling on August 8, 2018, and afterwards fled to South Africa.
“Chitere Okoronkwo, 20, of Umualumaku village in the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, was arrested at Ama-Wire Uratta in Owerri, Imo State by SARS operatives on Monday. She was arrested in connection with the murder of one Johnmark Osigwe, 24, at Nkwo-Orji in Owerri on August 16, 2018. It is important to note that the deceased was a boyfriend to the suspect.
“When their relationship got sour and ended, the girl demanded compensation. The deceased, due to persistent threats to life before being assassinated, had paid N1.8m for shop rent and N2m for interior decoration of the shop to the estranged girlfriend.
Not done with the threats, she demanded N3m, which the deceased gave through a lawyer. Before the money was finally paid to the lady, he was murdered inside his Mercedes SUV.
“After his death, the lady fled to South Africa. Okoronkwo has confessed that she told a guy that she wanted the victim dead due to their misunderstanding” she said
The police boss said more investigations are currently going on and that the suspect would be charged to court soon.