- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
FUTO female student kill boyfriend after ‘siphoning’ N6.8m from him
A 20-year-old undergraduate of the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Chitere Okoronkwo, pictured above, has been arrested by men of the Imo state police command for allegedly killing her boyfriend, Johnmark Osigwe.
Parading Chitere Okoronkwo before newsmen at the command’s headquarters on Tuesday February 12th, the state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, said investigations by the police, showed that Chitere and Johnmark were lovers and after they fell out, she allegedly masterminded his kiling on August 8, 2018, and afterwards fled to South Africa.
“Chitere Okoronkwo, 20, of Umualumaku village in the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, was arrested at Ama-Wire Uratta in Owerri, Imo State by SARS operatives on Monday. She was arrested in connection with the murder of one Johnmark Osigwe, 24, at Nkwo-Orji in Owerri on August 16, 2018. It is important to note that the deceased was a boyfriend to the suspect.
“When their relationship got sour and ended, the girl demanded compensation. The deceased, due to persistent threats to life before being assassinated, had paid N1.8m for shop rent and N2m for interior decoration of the shop to the estranged girlfriend.
Not done with the threats, she demanded N3m, which the deceased gave through a lawyer. Before the money was finally paid to the lady, he was murdered inside his Mercedes SUV.
“After his death, the lady fled to South Africa. Okoronkwo has confessed that she told a guy that she wanted the victim dead due to their misunderstanding” she said
The police boss said more investigations are currently going on and that the suspect would be charged to court soon.