- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has formally confirmed the postponement of the 2019 presidential election previous scheduled to hold today.
Withinnigeria had reported the postponement late on Friday evening, although it was still unofficial at the time.
Briefing newsmen beginning from 2:43am, Professor Mahmud Yakubu said “proceeding with the election as scheduled is no longer feasible”.
Consequently, he said the presidential and National Assembly elections had been moved to February 23, 2019.
The governorship and state assembly elections were also moved by one week to March 9, 2019.