- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has formally confirmed the postponement of the 2019 presidential election previous scheduled to hold today.
Withinnigeria had reported the postponement late on Friday evening, although it was still unofficial at the time.
Briefing newsmen beginning from 2:43am, Professor Mahmud Yakubu said “proceeding with the election as scheduled is no longer feasible”.
Consequently, he said the presidential and National Assembly elections had been moved to February 23, 2019.
The governorship and state assembly elections were also moved by one week to March 9, 2019.