- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has formally confirmed the postponement of the 2019 presidential election previous scheduled to hold today.
Withinnigeria had reported the postponement late on Friday evening, although it was still unofficial at the time.
Briefing newsmen beginning from 2:43am, Professor Mahmud Yakubu said “proceeding with the election as scheduled is no longer feasible”.
Consequently, he said the presidential and National Assembly elections had been moved to February 23, 2019.
The governorship and state assembly elections were also moved by one week to March 9, 2019.