- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has formally confirmed the postponement of the 2019 presidential election previous scheduled to hold today.
Withinnigeria had reported the postponement late on Friday evening, although it was still unofficial at the time.
Briefing newsmen beginning from 2:43am, Professor Mahmud Yakubu said “proceeding with the election as scheduled is no longer feasible”.
Consequently, he said the presidential and National Assembly elections had been moved to February 23, 2019.
The governorship and state assembly elections were also moved by one week to March 9, 2019.