- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Men love to raise feminist daughters, but do not free their wives – Writer
A Nigerian writer, Ijeoma Awuaku in new tweets, claimed that men love to raise feminist daughters but never allow their wives to be free.
Ijeoma who claimed that her tweet is a taboo topic even in her culture, added that many became feminists because they don’t want to be like their mothers.
Many people need to heal the daughter-mother relationship. I know this is a taboo topic even in my culture but many daughters are bottling trauma they need to reveal. Especially first daughters. Many feminists became feminists because they do not want to be their mothers. And in the process of not being their mothers, they forget the fight of many many of their mothers. This is why I insist that you study your own culture and the women who resisted.
How did your mothers survive in the patriarchy? What choices do you have now that she did not have? In trying to praise your father for his progressive ideals in letting you be the feminists you are, go back and ask yourself if he even encouraged your own mother. We forget that many men love to raise feminists daughters while never letting their wives be as free as their daughters. Now, you have daughters who forget that the patriarchy made it almost impossible for mothers to be free. Many mother then put her frustration on her daughter.
“Forgive your mother for all the miracles she couldn’t perform.” — Questions for Ada