Recipe of the day: How to prepare simple water yam balls (ojojo)
Water yam balls a delicious snack, a spin on the usual small chops.
- Half tuber of water yam
- 2 scotch bonnets (chopped)
- Half onion (chopped)
- 1 cube seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Cut and peel yams. Rinse and grate till you get a drawy paste.
- Add the crushed garlic, onions, peppers, salt and seasoning. Mix well.
- Heat a pan of oil enough for deep frying.
- Scoop the paste in balls and pop in the oil. Deep fry till golden brown.
- Place on kitchen towels to drain.