- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Hollywood actress Elle Fanning collapses due to a ‘tight dress’ she wore
US actress Elle Fanning who is a member of this year’s jury at the Cannes film festival, said she fainted at a gala dinner this week, blaming a “tight dress” she wore at her “time of the month”.
Fanning, who is keeping up a tough schedule of movie-viewing and parties at the glitzy French Riviera event, said on Instagram: “Oops, had a fainting spell tonight in my 1950’s Prada prom dress but it’s all good.” She posted a selfie adding the hashtags #dresstootight and #timeofthemonth.
British actor Colin Firth, who was attending the same dinner, rushed to Fanning’s aid until she was taken away for medical assistance.
Fanning is one of nine film industry luminaries judging this year’s selection at the world’s top film festival. They will announce who has won the coveted Palme d’Or for best film on Saturday, choosing one of 21 contenders.