- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Finally, FG proffers solution to Apapa gridlock
The Federal government has issued a two-week ultimatum for the clearing of trucks and tankers causing traffic jam on Apapa axis and its environs.
This was made known in a statement by Laolu Akande, a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, which was made available to newsmen.
The directive instructed all operators of trucks and tankers to vacate the Port access roads within the next 72 hours.
According to the statement, President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo held a meeting on the 25th of April, 2019 on matters relating to Apapa gridlock, and proffering a lasting solution to traffic congestion.