- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Nipsey Hussle’s alleged killer Eric Holder indicted by grand jury on murder charges, faces life in prison
Slain rapper, Nipsey Hussle’s alleged killer Eric Holder has been indicted by a grand jury on murder charges. The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office announced the arraignment this week, explaining Holder was indicted on May 9 on one count of murder, two counts each of attempted murder and assault with a firearm and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
“The indictment, which was unsealed today, also includes allegations that Holder personally used a handgun and caused great bodily injury and death,” the news release read.
Holder had already been charged on April 8, but the indictment will allow the case to skip a preliminary hearing and head straight to trial. If convicted, Holder could face a maximum sentence of life in state prison.
Holder pleaded not guilty to the charges in court on Tuesday. He is scheduled to return for a pretrial hearing on June 18.
Nipsey Hussle was fatally gunned down outside his Los Angeles clothing store, Marathon Clothing Company on Sunday, March 31, 2019. He was 33.
Two other men were also shot, though they survived their injuries.
The news of Holder’s indictment comes a week after his attorney Chris Darden, who was famously part of the prosecution team in the O.J. Simpson trial, withdrew from the murder case after receiving threats against him and his family.
It was also reported this week that Eric Holder allegedly pistol-whipped a man shortly before he killed Nipsey at his clothing store.