- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Nigerian woman who pioneered professional modelling dies at 64 years old. Yemi Fawaz was the first super model to emerge in Nigeria. Fawaz had reportedly passed away after battling colon cancer
Yemi Fawaz, the woman who paved the way for professional models in Nigeria, has passed away. The talented super model had reportedly died after battling serious illness in the United States.
It was reported that Fawaz had died on Wednesday, February 20, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York.
According to reports, Fawaz who died at age 64, had battling all kinds of illness before she kicked the bucket. The supermodel had reportedly been battling with colon cancer for a while.
It was also claimed that the 64-year-old super model had a hole in her heart and her kidney had began to fail her.
Fawaz had started her career as a model in the 70s, she later became a popular super model.
In 1997, Fawaz had moved to the United States and did not return until 2016. The woman, who made an impact in the Nigerian fashion industry, also founded a modeling school for young aspiring Nigerian models.
The 64-year-old super model is survived by her 33-year-old daughter.
Meanwhile,It was earlier reported that popular fashion legend and head of Chanel Karl Lagerfeld died at the age of 85. The fashion legend who created amazing pieces died on Tuesday, February 19, after battling illness.
See more photos of her;
View this post on Instagram
Nigeria's First Super Model Yemi Fawaz dies at 64. #YemiFawaz #Mumanddaughter #Supermodel #Deaconess #Model #MissNigeria #Rip #fashionnews #cuteness #chic #Outfit #dailyinspiration #TheFashionistasclub #Whatareyouwearing #Dressmeup #ilovefashion #fashionblogger #Fashionista #Fashion & #style #Instafashion #ChicOutfit #fashionaddict #KemiAkinAjayi #Fashionpreneur #FashionPR #Fashionblogger #Hautecouture