- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Nigerian woman who pioneered professional modelling dies at 64 years old. Yemi Fawaz was the first super model to emerge in Nigeria. Fawaz had reportedly passed away after battling colon cancer
Yemi Fawaz, the woman who paved the way for professional models in Nigeria, has passed away. The talented super model had reportedly died after battling serious illness in the United States.
It was reported that Fawaz had died on Wednesday, February 20, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York.
According to reports, Fawaz who died at age 64, had battling all kinds of illness before she kicked the bucket. The supermodel had reportedly been battling with colon cancer for a while.
It was also claimed that the 64-year-old super model had a hole in her heart and her kidney had began to fail her.
Fawaz had started her career as a model in the 70s, she later became a popular super model.
In 1997, Fawaz had moved to the United States and did not return until 2016. The woman, who made an impact in the Nigerian fashion industry, also founded a modeling school for young aspiring Nigerian models.
The 64-year-old super model is survived by her 33-year-old daughter.
Meanwhile,It was earlier reported that popular fashion legend and head of Chanel Karl Lagerfeld died at the age of 85. The fashion legend who created amazing pieces died on Tuesday, February 19, after battling illness.
See more photos of her;
View this post on Instagram
Nigeria's First Super Model Yemi Fawaz dies at 64. #YemiFawaz #Mumanddaughter #Supermodel #Deaconess #Model #MissNigeria #Rip #fashionnews #cuteness #chic #Outfit #dailyinspiration #TheFashionistasclub #Whatareyouwearing #Dressmeup #ilovefashion #fashionblogger #Fashionista #Fashion & #style #Instafashion #ChicOutfit #fashionaddict #KemiAkinAjayi #Fashionpreneur #FashionPR #Fashionblogger #Hautecouture