- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
Top 5 foods that make you beautiful
We know we need the right foods to make our insides work beautifully, but those foods not only helps the inside only, they help the overall appearance too. The right foods can have cosmetic benefits as well. From glowing skin to an improved mood, the right foods can take our appearance to the next level. So throw out that new wrinkle cream and fill up your plate with these delicious and antioxidant-packed treats!
To slow down those inevitable signs of aging, try adding in more strawberries to your diet. These juicy little snacks are high in vitamin C, which can actually prevent fine lines and wrinkles. They contain alpha hydroxyl oil, which is gentle on teeth enamel, but removes stains.
If you’ve been feeling low on energy, try peeling open a banana. They are rich in vitamin B6, potassium, and folic acid. These nutrients improve blood flow to your brain, so not only will you be quick-witted, you’ll feel happier. Bananas can also give you softer, smoother skin. Try rubbing a mashed banana on your face or legs before shaving to soften the hair follicles and give you a smoother appearance.
Next time you hit the beach, be sure to pack the carrots. Carrots contain carotenoids, which reduce your skin’s sensitivity to UV rays. Still, pack the sunscreen, but your afternoon snack can add a little more protection for your skin. Try pairing raw carrots with hummus or guacamole for an easy snack on the go.
- Red bell peppers
Red bell peppers are high in antioxidants, which repair skin and hair cells, giving you a more youthful appearance. Try tossing some chopped red bell pepper in your next salad or egg scramble. The crisp, sweet flavor pairs well with almost anything!
As if you need another reason to adore avocado! We all know it’s insanely delicious, but it can also keep your skin looking young. Avocados contain the fatty acid oleic, which helps skin retain moisture, giving it a softer, younger look.