- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
One of the things our elders keep saying is “life is a lesson, learn it.”
As the clock continues to move, much is expected of man as we grow older but we must also think of our needs. The socio-economic environment is dynamic, creating various social standings in the society. So what do we do to fit in at least one of the strata? The answer is “improve ourselves.”
It’s true, you don’t have to live to impress anyone but you can’t afford to remain where you are as society flips to a new chapter. Be sure to possess these qualities as you mature as an adult.
1. Discover Yourself
It is a discovery that enlists you for life. A man can be born and be useless. A man of discovery is a man that has found a way to affect the world positively. You can be wealthy without being great. For example, A man like Wole Soyinka, if possibly he doesn’t have a car or house of his own, would you still consider him as a great man? Yes, because he has found a way he can never be ignored. Wole Soyinka has an open cheque to great words in the dictionary. A man of discovery is a man of fullest; a man living life to the fullest. Learn how to use what you have to solve problems.
2. Learn To Use Your Gifting To Solve Problems Definitely
How does your gifting works? It’s step by step; by positioning yourself for rewards. Using your gift to solve problems. Continue to improve the problem-solving ability of what you have.
3. Cut Some Ideas On How To Make Money
You make money from other people’s ignorance; you can’t pay me to teach you what you already know or have. Law of potential difference; I give you what you don’t have and I receive my reward.
4. Know The Definition of Love
The real love here is a type of love that seeks fulfilment without violation or something else(eros love). You can’t love someone you see for the first time. Love is different from like. Momentarily, like is mostly when you are attracted to what you see physically. Love is responsibility; it’s much more about giving. Love does not exploit.
5. You Must Have Read At least 30 Books
You should own a minimum of 30 books of your own. At 30 should have a library.
6. Have A Spiritual Leader
Someone who guides you spiritually, who teaches you wisdom and understanding.
7. Be Known For A Specific Thing
Great men are known for a particular thing.
8. Have A Mentor
Someone who speaks into your life, to mould it. Don’t be emotional choosing your mentor. Be disciplined because your mentor has great influence in building your life. When you stand on the shoulder of people who have gone ahead you see farther.
9. Learn How To Say No
One of the highest sign of maturity is learning to say no without feeling guilty.
10. You Must Have Conquered Procrastination
“A stitch in time saves nine.”
11. Use Your Mind Well
Live for who you want to be. Life is measured by the capacity of your mentality.
12. Have A Bank Account
13. Have An Investment
At least buy shares if you don’t have any(that is the cheapest). Buy in a company that produce daily; bank, oil, beverage and so forth.
14. You Must Have Developed Stability of Character
Be taken for your words.
15. Should Be Able To Choose Your Friends
Decide who you want to keep around.