- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Missing Teenage Girl Found To Be Having Sex With Neighbour In Lagos Hotel
A 13-year old girl who was declared missing in Lagos, told her parents when she resurfaced that she was not missing, rather she was in a hotel in the Lekki area of Lagos where one of their neighbours had engaged her in sex romps.
The neighbour, 35-year old Friday Ogoni, reportedly lured the victim from their house at Titilayo Street in Ifako area of Lagos to an undisclosed hotel in Lekki area for the romp which lasted for three days.
While he took the 13-year old girl away and hid her in the hotel, her parents were looking for her and Ogoni even joined the search party.
The matter was reported to the police who joined in searching for the girl until Ogoni released her having satisfied himself and she returned home.
However, the matter got exposed when the parents asked to know what happened. She then told the parents that she was not missing; she explained how Ogoni took her to a hotel in the Lekki area of Lagos and they had sex for the three days.
Shocked by her revelation, the parents reported to the police; Ogoni was arrested and detained at the police station for abduction and rape.
The matter was later transferred to the Gender Section of the State Police Command for further investigation where the suspect admitted committing the offence but claimed that he did not force her.
However, the police found him culpable and charged him before the Ogba Magistrates Court for the alleged offence.
The court did not take his plea after the prosecutor, Inspector Benson Emerhi, informed the court that the victim was a minor and the matter will need DPP’s advice.
Thus, the Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. O. Sule-Amzat, ordered his remand in prison custody without an option of bail. The court also directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send to the DPP for advice.
It was gathered that the matter may be transferred to the High Court if the DPP finds him culpable. He will then be charged for abduction and rape which will attract long prison term.
Ogoni will remain in prison custody till 24th April, 2019, when the DPP’s advice was expected in court on the adjourned date.