- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Car, Laptops, ‘Juju’ Recovered As Yahoo Boys Are Arrested In Ibadan (Photos)
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan zonal office, on Friday, March 8, 2019 arrested 10 suspected internet fraudsters at Olugun Oluhehu and Elebu areas of Ibadan, Oyo State.
The suspects who are between 21 and 35 years of age are Prince Tayo Rotimi, Omotomo Oluwarotimi, Abdulakeem Oluwatimilehi, and Kodri Yusuf.
Others include, Oludare Biodun, Lawal Femi, Adeyemi Damilare, Hassan Adewale, Adenuga Olalekan and Oduola Abayomi.
Their arrest followed series of intelligence alleging that they engage in fraudulent activities, especially obtaining money by false pretences from unsuspecting victims through online dating and other illegal means.
At the point of their arrest, EFCC operatives recovered SIM cards, four exotic cars, laptop computers, telephones, fetish objects (juju) and several documents containing false pretences from them.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.