- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
A yet-to-be identified election observer has reportedly been shot dead by a police officer in Umuida community, Enugu Ezike, Igbo-Eze north local government area of Enugu state.
The Cable reports that the observer was shot in the head by the police officer stationed close to the residence of Ayogu Eze, governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.
The observer was first rushed to the St Mary hospital and then transferred to another hospital where he was said to have died.