- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
Enugu Governorship Election Results: Ugwuanyi wins 17 LGs, declared governor elect
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has swept results in the entire 17 Local government Area of Enugu State.
The results were announced at the State Collation Centre office of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Enugu.
They were collated by Prof. Joseph Ahanekwu, the Vice Chancellor of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, the State Collation Officer.
He gave total number of registered voters as 1,944,803, while the accredited voters stood at 478,241.
According to him, while the APC got 10,423, the PDP polled 449,935
The 17 local government collation officers said there no incident of violence or complaint from any of the political parties.
Final pronouncement on the election is being awaited.
The incumbent Governor ran on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
DAILY POST reports that the All Progressives Congress, APC, trailed far behind in the final results.
The figures below:
1. Enugu south
2. Aninri LGA
3. Awgu LGA
4. Ezeagu LGA
6. Nkanu West
7. Igbo Etiti
PDP – 25,557
9 Oji River
PDP – 22,369
12. Igboeze North
13. Enugu North
14. Enugu East
15. Igbo Eze South
16. Nkanu East