- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
The incident followed an argument between both parties over who should be in charge of security at the office, where the results of Saturday’s governorship election is being collated for the final announcement.
The soldiers were said to have asked the policemen to leave the premises, but the policemen later returned to the centre and insisted on taking charge of security there.
In the process, tear gas canisters were shot, causing panic among the INEC officials, party agents, and journalists, as well as election observers who were gathered there for the announcement of the results.
Some journalists were also alleged to have been manhandled by the security agents.
Watch the video of the incident below.