- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Young Lady faces execution in China after childhood friend conceal drug in shampoo given to her for delivery
Ethiopian entrepreneur, Nazrawit Abera faces execution in China after her friend asked her to ‘deliver shampoo which she did not know contained cocaine’
An Ethiopian entrepreneur is facing execution in China after being accused of smuggling cocaine into the country in shampoo bottles.
27-year-old Nazrawit Abera who is an engineering graduate was arrested on drug trafficking charges and could face death if found guilty.
According to local media, a childhood friend asked her to deliver the bottles of shampoo which she did not know contained the Class A drug.
It was also reported that the childhood friend was arrested and held in custody by Ethiopian police but has now gone on the run and her whereabouts are unknown.
Ms. Abera’s family and friends say she is innocent and was duped into transporting the contraband disguised as beauty products.
One friend, who wished to remain anonymous, told local media: ‘We are fearful, angry and do not know where to go and cry.
‘We have not heard from her and we have little information of her status and her parents cry and spend sleepless nights hoping their daughter will come back.’
The Ethiopian Embassy in Beijing is reportedly helping her pay for legal expenses while she awaits sentencing.