- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, met with seven Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, shortly after his arrival from his hometown, Daura in Katsina state.
The president arrived at the Villa at about 1 p.m on Tuesday after spending five days in his home town, Daura, where he participated in the governorship and state assembly elections.
The governors at the meeting are Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State, Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara State, Abubakar Badaru, Jigawa State, Kassim Shetima of Borno State and Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.
Some of the governors were re-elected for a second term in the March 9 elections.
It was not immediately clear what the agenda of the meeting was, but there are speculations it may be connected to the outcome of the March 9 elections in which the party lost some states under its control to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.