- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, met with seven Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, shortly after his arrival from his hometown, Daura in Katsina state.
The president arrived at the Villa at about 1 p.m on Tuesday after spending five days in his home town, Daura, where he participated in the governorship and state assembly elections.
The governors at the meeting are Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State, Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara State, Abubakar Badaru, Jigawa State, Kassim Shetima of Borno State and Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.
Some of the governors were re-elected for a second term in the March 9 elections.
It was not immediately clear what the agenda of the meeting was, but there are speculations it may be connected to the outcome of the March 9 elections in which the party lost some states under its control to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.