- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, met with seven Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, shortly after his arrival from his hometown, Daura in Katsina state.
The president arrived at the Villa at about 1 p.m on Tuesday after spending five days in his home town, Daura, where he participated in the governorship and state assembly elections.
The governors at the meeting are Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State, Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara State, Abubakar Badaru, Jigawa State, Kassim Shetima of Borno State and Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.
Some of the governors were re-elected for a second term in the March 9 elections.
It was not immediately clear what the agenda of the meeting was, but there are speculations it may be connected to the outcome of the March 9 elections in which the party lost some states under its control to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.