- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Lagos collapsed building was marked for demolition in 2018
Some residents around the Lagos collapsed building at Ita-Faaji, housing a primary school, have revealed that the building was marked for demolition in 2018.
They however called on the government to stop developers from constructing high rise buildings in the area.
According to reports, the building was marked for demolition, but the owner allegedly bribed officials and the demolition did not hold.
“The building has been marked for demolition, but the government officials always take a bribe. The building has been giving signs of weakness but whenever government officials come, the owner always bribes them.
“The owners always boast they have people in government that they can bribe to overlook the proposed demolition of the building” one of the residents alleged.