- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Lagos collapsed building was marked for demolition in 2018
Some residents around the Lagos collapsed building at Ita-Faaji, housing a primary school, have revealed that the building was marked for demolition in 2018.
They however called on the government to stop developers from constructing high rise buildings in the area.
According to reports, the building was marked for demolition, but the owner allegedly bribed officials and the demolition did not hold.
“The building has been marked for demolition, but the government officials always take a bribe. The building has been giving signs of weakness but whenever government officials come, the owner always bribes them.
“The owners always boast they have people in government that they can bribe to overlook the proposed demolition of the building” one of the residents alleged.