- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Actress Ella Mensah agrees she was dark before, reveals why she bleached her skin
Ghanaian actress, Ella Mensah, has revealed that she bleached her skin to get roles in Nigerian movies.
She made this known in an interview with Delay, saying that she was dark before going to Nigerian but bleached her skin to get roles in Nigerian movies because that was the only way she thought she could fit in. She said;
“I’ve bleached. I don’ht use creams, I use injection”.
Ella Mensah had before now revealed that Nigerian movie producers and directors prefer giving roles to light-skinned actresses, at the detriment of talented dark skinned actresses. She said during an interview with Sammy Flexx on Zylofon Fm;
’If you are a dark-skinned person, your talent alone is not going to push you up because a producer once told me that I have the height, the body and that I am look attractive’’
The actress who added that bleaching is her decision, added that it has helped her become acceptable in the Nigerian movie industry, She said;
’I thought about it and it is my own skin and thank God I am not going to hurt or kill anybody. So I did it because I love it and also partly because of my job’.