- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Convenant University student declared missing was in boyfriend’s house; Host was among searchers
Convenant University student identified as Dami who was declared missing was actually meeting her boyfriend in another state (Oyo) and the boyfriend, Mark Ikotun was among those asking to help find her on social media
Nigerians have reacted angrily to the story of a young lady named Dami who allegedly faked her kidnap to see her lover in Ibadan.
Social media is agog this morning with the story of a Covenant University student who faked her kidnap so she can go to Ibadan to meet her boyfriend. To make matters worse, all the while she was with her boyfriend, he was one of those tweeting for people to help find her.
The lady named Damilola went from Lagos to Ibadan to see Mark Ikotun. Friends and family feared she had been kidnapped and they issued a missing person alert. The boyfriend she was with also led the search for her on social media and was begging for her return.
She later returned claiming she had been kidnapped and raped, causing her friends and family distress.
But it was later discovered that she staged her kidnap with her boyfriend. Now, her friends are calling her out on social media.
See some tweets made when she was declared missing.
Nigerians have now joined in the conversation to condemn the alleged act. This incident inspired the trending hashtag #LagostoIbadan on Twitter.