- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Emmanuel Amuneke qualifies Tanzania for AFCON after 39 years
Former Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Amuneke has qualified the Taifa Stars of Tanzania for the Africa Cup of Nations. The team qualified for the AFCON 1st time in 39 years after they defeated Uganda 3-0 at the National Stadium, Dar es Salaam on Sund
According to a report by Completesports.com, goals from Simon Msuwa, Erasto Nyoni and a sublime header from Aggrey Morris secured Tanzania’s berth at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
Amuneke’s charges finished second in group L with eight points, five behind leaders the Cranes of Uganda who have already qualified for Africa’s biggest football showpiece event.
The other group L fixture between Cape Verde and Lesotho ended in a goalless draw.
Both Uganda and Tanzania join hosts Egypt, Nigeria,Burundi, Mali, Cameroon, Morocco, Angola, Mauritania, Senegal, Madagascar, Algeria, Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Congo, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau and Namibia.