- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Emmanuel Amuneke qualifies Tanzania for AFCON after 39 years
Former Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Amuneke has qualified the Taifa Stars of Tanzania for the Africa Cup of Nations. The team qualified for the AFCON 1st time in 39 years after they defeated Uganda 3-0 at the National Stadium, Dar es Salaam on Sund
According to a report by Completesports.com, goals from Simon Msuwa, Erasto Nyoni and a sublime header from Aggrey Morris secured Tanzania’s berth at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
Amuneke’s charges finished second in group L with eight points, five behind leaders the Cranes of Uganda who have already qualified for Africa’s biggest football showpiece event.
The other group L fixture between Cape Verde and Lesotho ended in a goalless draw.
Both Uganda and Tanzania join hosts Egypt, Nigeria,Burundi, Mali, Cameroon, Morocco, Angola, Mauritania, Senegal, Madagascar, Algeria, Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Congo, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau and Namibia.