- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Emmanuel Amuneke qualifies Tanzania for AFCON after 39 years
Former Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Amuneke has qualified the Taifa Stars of Tanzania for the Africa Cup of Nations. The team qualified for the AFCON 1st time in 39 years after they defeated Uganda 3-0 at the National Stadium, Dar es Salaam on Sund
According to a report by Completesports.com, goals from Simon Msuwa, Erasto Nyoni and a sublime header from Aggrey Morris secured Tanzania’s berth at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
Amuneke’s charges finished second in group L with eight points, five behind leaders the Cranes of Uganda who have already qualified for Africa’s biggest football showpiece event.
The other group L fixture between Cape Verde and Lesotho ended in a goalless draw.
Both Uganda and Tanzania join hosts Egypt, Nigeria,Burundi, Mali, Cameroon, Morocco, Angola, Mauritania, Senegal, Madagascar, Algeria, Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Congo, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau and Namibia.