- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Emmanuel Amuneke qualifies Tanzania for AFCON after 39 years
Former Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Amuneke has qualified the Taifa Stars of Tanzania for the Africa Cup of Nations. The team qualified for the AFCON 1st time in 39 years after they defeated Uganda 3-0 at the National Stadium, Dar es Salaam on Sund
According to a report by Completesports.com, goals from Simon Msuwa, Erasto Nyoni and a sublime header from Aggrey Morris secured Tanzania’s berth at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
Amuneke’s charges finished second in group L with eight points, five behind leaders the Cranes of Uganda who have already qualified for Africa’s biggest football showpiece event.
The other group L fixture between Cape Verde and Lesotho ended in a goalless draw.
Both Uganda and Tanzania join hosts Egypt, Nigeria,Burundi, Mali, Cameroon, Morocco, Angola, Mauritania, Senegal, Madagascar, Algeria, Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Congo, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau and Namibia.