- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Kano Elections: BBC reporter, others almost killed as violence erupts during polls (photos)
A Reporter from the BBC by name Yusuf Ibrahim Yakasai, Madu Jerry of Authority and Kola Oyelere of Tribune narrowly escaped death by when armed thugs attacked them at Suntulma Primary School of Gama Ward, Nassarawa local government of Kano State.
Yusuf Ibrahim Yakasai of BBC was rescued to the Gama Village ward house when he was chased away from an election scene at the area.
The Kano state Police Commissioner Wakili Muhammad was said to have stormed the place and rescued Yakasai.
The Authority Newspaper reporter Madu Jerry was manhandled by the thugs but his Colleagues pleaded heavily for the thugs to allowed him go.
However, his car burnt, his INEC Tag and Sheets and other valuables were touched by the thugs while the working Tag was taken away by the armed hoodlums.
Kola Oyelere of Tribune Newspaper earlier got missing at Suntulma Ward when the thugs in their hundreds invaded the place beating up voters and Journalists. It took one Haruna Sani who rescued Kola Oyelere and handed him over to his colleagues.