- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
Kano Elections: BBC reporter, others almost killed as violence erupts during polls (photos)
A Reporter from the BBC by name Yusuf Ibrahim Yakasai, Madu Jerry of Authority and Kola Oyelere of Tribune narrowly escaped death by when armed thugs attacked them at Suntulma Primary School of Gama Ward, Nassarawa local government of Kano State.
Yusuf Ibrahim Yakasai of BBC was rescued to the Gama Village ward house when he was chased away from an election scene at the area.
The Kano state Police Commissioner Wakili Muhammad was said to have stormed the place and rescued Yakasai.
The Authority Newspaper reporter Madu Jerry was manhandled by the thugs but his Colleagues pleaded heavily for the thugs to allowed him go.
However, his car burnt, his INEC Tag and Sheets and other valuables were touched by the thugs while the working Tag was taken away by the armed hoodlums.
Kola Oyelere of Tribune Newspaper earlier got missing at Suntulma Ward when the thugs in their hundreds invaded the place beating up voters and Journalists. It took one Haruna Sani who rescued Kola Oyelere and handed him over to his colleagues.