- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Mikel Obi sends strong message to President Buhari
Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has sent a strong message to President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government regarding the security situation in the country. He spoke in reaction to the kidnap and release of the mother of fellow Super Eagles star, Samuel Kalu.
“I called Samuel when his mother was kidnapped and gave him my advice as someone who has been through it twice. I knew how he would be feeling. I was glad when his mother was released because you don’t want anyone going through that.
“I suppose these things happen every day with different families and obviously we want to see the authorities take more responsibility, but Nigeria is a very crowded place and you can’t manage the security.
“You go out and you don’t know if you will come back. The government need to look into it and they can do more,” Mikel said on BBC World Service’s Sportsworld.