- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
In celebrating the 67th birthday of the great leader, here are ten facts you may not know about Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, culled from THE NATION.
- He holds the chieftainships of the Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom in Niger State, Nigeria.
- He is a degree holder in Accounting from Chicago State University
- In March 2009, there were reports that a plot had been uncovered to kill Chief Bola Tinubu.
- For his academic prowess, he was awarded the prestigious Sumna cum laude (a latin phrase meaning “with highest honor.”) for scoring 3.54 out of possible 4.0 GP.
- With his successful academic profile, young Bola contested and won his first political election as the President of the Accounting Society of the institution in his final year at the University.
- He is blessed with four children namely Jide Tinubu(now late), Oluwaseyi Tinubu, Abibat Tinubu and Folashade Tinubu (Iyaloja General).
- He was born and christened Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the 29 of March, 1952 in Lagos, Nigeria.
Photos from Tinubu’s 67th birthday colloquium
The International Conference Centre, Abuja was a beehive of activities as Nigerians from all works of life converge were at the centre to celebrate the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as he marks his 66th birthday.