- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
A man has shared photos of the injury a “corrupt” Nigerian police officer allegedly inflicted on him over refusal to hand over a ?100 bribe.
MC Taproot said he was in a car along Obilubi by Capitol junction, from Orji road to Ikeduru. when a police officer stopped the driver of the car and asked for a bribe of ?100.
When the driver refused to oblige, the officer allegedly smashed the side mirror of the car and the shards from the broken glass tore MC Taproot’s face.
Sharing photos of his bleeding face and of the police officer, he wrote:
…And this is a police officer operating along Obilubi by Capitol junction ( Orji road to Ikeduru) with name Candy Bole as seen on his name crest.
Because a driver of the car I was inside could not complied with his #100 demand, he has to hit the side mirror which broke and got me several wounds on my face.
And I ask, is police meant to destroy or rather harm citizens just because of money was not meant available to them?
I have forgiven him, and have gone on with my business after the treatment but my worries.. He never showed remours to his actions even when his colleagues condemned his actions and he even threatened to shoot me to death, which got me angry that I almost fought him, but remembering he was wearing a national uniform I kept my head cool and the people around confirmed it has always been his actions. I plead that If this ever get to the authorities, I want him to be stopped so that other innocent citizens don’t suffer same faith or him gunning an innocent citizen down someday.
But a number of social media users doubt that the police officer is actually a real officer. Some are arguing that he is a fake policeman and they are giving reasons.