- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has won the elections conducted in all three senatorial districts in Rivers State. George Sekibo (Rivers East), Bari Mpigi (Rivers South East) and Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) defeated their opponents, to ensure a clean swoop for the opposition party.
DAILY POST earlier reported that Governor Nyesom Wike, who is also contesting on the platform of the PDP, is leading in eight of the 10 local governments announced.
National Commissioner in charge of Bayelsa, Rivers and Edo, May Agbamuche-Mbu, INEC REC in Rivers State, Obo Effangha, INEC REC in Ebonyi and INEC REC in Niger state, Sam Ebu, are among top officials overseeing the collation exercise.
Others are the DSS and Assistant Director, Abdulkadir, and Commissioner of Police CP Usman Belel.