- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has won the elections conducted in all three senatorial districts in Rivers State. George Sekibo (Rivers East), Bari Mpigi (Rivers South East) and Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) defeated their opponents, to ensure a clean swoop for the opposition party.
DAILY POST earlier reported that Governor Nyesom Wike, who is also contesting on the platform of the PDP, is leading in eight of the 10 local governments announced.
National Commissioner in charge of Bayelsa, Rivers and Edo, May Agbamuche-Mbu, INEC REC in Rivers State, Obo Effangha, INEC REC in Ebonyi and INEC REC in Niger state, Sam Ebu, are among top officials overseeing the collation exercise.
Others are the DSS and Assistant Director, Abdulkadir, and Commissioner of Police CP Usman Belel.