- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has won the elections conducted in all three senatorial districts in Rivers State. George Sekibo (Rivers East), Bari Mpigi (Rivers South East) and Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) defeated their opponents, to ensure a clean swoop for the opposition party.
DAILY POST earlier reported that Governor Nyesom Wike, who is also contesting on the platform of the PDP, is leading in eight of the 10 local governments announced.
National Commissioner in charge of Bayelsa, Rivers and Edo, May Agbamuche-Mbu, INEC REC in Rivers State, Obo Effangha, INEC REC in Ebonyi and INEC REC in Niger state, Sam Ebu, are among top officials overseeing the collation exercise.
Others are the DSS and Assistant Director, Abdulkadir, and Commissioner of Police CP Usman Belel.