- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has won the elections conducted in all three senatorial districts in Rivers State. George Sekibo (Rivers East), Bari Mpigi (Rivers South East) and Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) defeated their opponents, to ensure a clean swoop for the opposition party.
DAILY POST earlier reported that Governor Nyesom Wike, who is also contesting on the platform of the PDP, is leading in eight of the 10 local governments announced.
National Commissioner in charge of Bayelsa, Rivers and Edo, May Agbamuche-Mbu, INEC REC in Rivers State, Obo Effangha, INEC REC in Ebonyi and INEC REC in Niger state, Sam Ebu, are among top officials overseeing the collation exercise.
Others are the DSS and Assistant Director, Abdulkadir, and Commissioner of Police CP Usman Belel.