- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Kolade Johnson: Face of SARS officials who shot young man dead in Lagos unveiled as Police parade their accused officers
Police parade officers accused of killing Koldae Johnsonas they reveal their identities
Inspector Ogunyemi Olalekan and Sergeant Godwin Orji are two of officers linked to the shooting of Kolade Johnson as named by the Nigerian Police.
The Police also confirmed that the two men have been “subjected to internal disciplinary procedures”.
A tweet from their verified @PoliceNG handle read: “The men suspected to have carried out the shooting of Kolade Johnson have been apprehended and subjected to internal disciplinary procedures.
“The CP has revealed their names as (1) Insp Ogunyemi Olalekan and (2) Sgt Godwin Orji attached to Anti Cultism Squad.”
The victim was alleged to have been shot by a member of a police team, while he was watching a Premier League fixture between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur in Lagos on Sunday.
Johnson’s death has sparked widespread criticism, with a renewed call on the Federal Government to end the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) unit of the police.