- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
We make average N60,000 daily – Fake Task Force officers
The Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offenses Unit (Task Force) on Monday arrested two fake task force officers who go about impersonating officers of the Agency.
They were arrested while extorting money from a motorist at Ojota, Lagos.
Disclosing this in a press statement, spokesman of the Agency, Adebayo Taofiq, said the suspects were apprehended by the Monitoring and Enforcement Team after negotiating and collected N15,000 from the motorist.
“They arrested the owner of the vehicle for obstruction at Ojota, drove him down to Bolade bus-stop opposite Task Force office where they negotiated and collected the sum of N15,000 from him”.
“We have severally received complaints from motorists, particularly commercial bus drivers, about activities of these unscrupulous fraudsters who specialized in impersonating officers of the Agency and defrauding people across the State”.
The Chairman reiterated that traffic enforcement and environmental sanitation officers wear jackets with inscription of ‘LASG TASKFORCE’ for proper identification while on duty.
He clarified that only Lagos State Task Force and LASTMA are empowered by law to enforce traffic laws on ‘BRT’ corridors across the State.
The suspects however disclosed they make on average N60,000 on a daily basis.