- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
EFCC burst more Yahoo Boys in their hideouts, 16 arrested in separate raids (photos)
We earlier reported that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Uyo zonal office, on Wednesday arrested five internet fraudsters in a sting operation (read here).
Similarly, the Ibadan zonal office also on Wednesday arrested 11 suspected internet fraudsters.
Six of the suspects were arrested at Ologunerun, a suburb in Ibadan, Oyo State. The other five were picked up at a location in Ijebu-Remo, Ogun State.
Those from Ibadan are: Akinbinu Akinfemi, Wasiu Adeyemi, Idowu Samson, Tijani Usman, Saheed Eniafe and Adeyi Victor.
Benson Gospel, Abdulazeez Gafar, Agbumabiwon Abiodun, Abayomi Awotedu, and Bukayo Abiodun were apprehended at Ijebu Remo.
The arrest of the suspects who are aged between 17 and 29 years, was occasioned by petitions from their neighbours, detailing their alleged fraudulent activities.
The alleged acts include love scam and other forms of internet fraud through which they obtain money from unsuspecting victims.
Items recovered from them include laptop computers, mobile phones and several documents containing false pretences.
They will also be charged to court soon.