- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
I fired up in the sky once, I don’t know how 2 bullets hit Kolade Johnson — Accused Police Inspector
Inspector Ogunyemi Olalekan, the Special Anti Cultism Squad, SACS officer who killed Kolade Johnson, has revealed that he only shot once because he had no intentions of killing the young man.
According to a statement he gave in an interview, he only shot once in an attempt to arrest a suspected cultist in Magodo Lagos.
“We heard a distress call that we should move to Mangoro. So, on getting there, we saw a group of guys smoking Indian hemp. We thought they’re cultists and effected an arrest there.
“Suddenly, they mobbed us, me and my boys. So, in terms of escaping them, I fired up. I didn’t know how it got to meet the guy in question that was shot dead, I don’t know. I only fired one up”, he said.
However, the words from the SACS officer were contradicted by Mr Nana, an eyewitness who stated that Ogunyemi Olalekan pointed the gun at them before firing.