- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
I fired up in the sky once, I don’t know how 2 bullets hit Kolade Johnson — Accused Police Inspector
Inspector Ogunyemi Olalekan, the Special Anti Cultism Squad, SACS officer who killed Kolade Johnson, has revealed that he only shot once because he had no intentions of killing the young man.
According to a statement he gave in an interview, he only shot once in an attempt to arrest a suspected cultist in Magodo Lagos.
“We heard a distress call that we should move to Mangoro. So, on getting there, we saw a group of guys smoking Indian hemp. We thought they’re cultists and effected an arrest there.
“Suddenly, they mobbed us, me and my boys. So, in terms of escaping them, I fired up. I didn’t know how it got to meet the guy in question that was shot dead, I don’t know. I only fired one up”, he said.
However, the words from the SACS officer were contradicted by Mr Nana, an eyewitness who stated that Ogunyemi Olalekan pointed the gun at them before firing.