- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
According to THE NATION, a senior lawyer in suspended CJN’s defence team in his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) told newsmen that Onnoghen put in a resignation letter on Thursday, which he sent to the office of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“I spoke with him a moment and he confirmed that he has voluntarily resigned. He said he did that yesterday,” the source said.
Efforts to get a formal confirmation or denial from the Supreme Court and Onnoghen’s spokeman, Awassam Bassey has been unsuccessful.
Bassey failed to pick calls to his mobile telephone.