- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
According to THE NATION, a senior lawyer in suspended CJN’s defence team in his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) told newsmen that Onnoghen put in a resignation letter on Thursday, which he sent to the office of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“I spoke with him a moment and he confirmed that he has voluntarily resigned. He said he did that yesterday,” the source said.
Efforts to get a formal confirmation or denial from the Supreme Court and Onnoghen’s spokeman, Awassam Bassey has been unsuccessful.
Bassey failed to pick calls to his mobile telephone.