- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
UI lecturer commits suicide by fire inside staff quarters
A lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, University of Ibadan, Mr. A.O Subair has reportedly committed suicide.
The don, simply identified as Mr. A.O Subair, set himself on fire yesterday in his senior staff quarters located at Phillipson Road of the University.
He has been buried at Akinyele public cemetery according to Islamic rites.
Silverbird TV reports that the late mathematician had recently resigned from the university without a justifiable reason but was yet to pack out of the staff quarters before he took his life.
It was also reported that the late university lecturer had separated from his family and had challenges progressing on his career.
Confirming the incident in a telephone Chat, Chairman Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Professor Deji Omole described the incident as pathetic and a major loss to the Union.
Omole said, “We were only informed of the burning flat while efforts to save him proved abortive.”
Omole urged members of the Union to confide in one another saying “isolation could deepen depression which may culminate in suicidal ideation.”
He was survived by three children.