- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Malaysian golfer, Irawan, 28, found dead in his hotel room during a PGA event in China
Malaysian golfer, Arie Irawan, was found lifeless in his hotel room during a PGA event in China. The PGA tour said in a statement said he died of ‘apparent natural causes’ on Sunday in his hotel room on the Chinese resort island of Hainan. He was 28.
‘The PGA Tour and the China Golf Association grieve at this loss of one of our members and share sincere condolences with Arie’s wife, Marina, and his parents, Ahmad and Jeny,’ the PGA tour statement added.
‘When something of this magnitude occurs in the golf world, we all grieve at the same time.
‘Out of respect for the family, officials cancelled the final round of the Sanya Championship, the tournament becoming a 54-hole event.’
The coroner’s report had not been completed, the statement said.
Arie who was ranked 1,366th in the world this week, turned professional in 2013 and won two events on the Asian Development Tour in 2015.