- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
According to LEGIT, a man identified as Jude Obi is accused of marrying the American lady because he wanted to go to United States.
This allegation was made by an aggrieved person who found it very disturbing that a 29-year-old man was getting married to a 61-year-old woman.
It was also reported that the love affair and wedding was prohibited by the elders in Orerokpe community, Delta, where he came from. Most of them were grossly displeased that he was marrying a woman who was over twice his age.
Jude Obi who is a member of Jehovah’s Witness has, nonetheless, proceeded with the wedding to this lady whom he met on Facebook as this assures him a place in the United States.
The individual who posted the story also shared photos from the wedding of Jude Obi to his 61-year-old bride.
See the post below:
“They meet on Facebook 2 years ago. The boy stay close to me, he is a Jehovah’s Witness, he stay in Orerokpe Delta state…even some of the elders in the church supported this evil marriage because the boy is going to America. One of the church member who stand as a father for the woman at the registration in the court…the question is if this 61 years old woman is from Nigeria would this boy married her?”
See more photos from the celebration of the union below.