- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Buhari makes new appointment, Liman Ibrahim becomes CG of Federal Fire Service
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr Liman Ibrahim as the new Controller-General (CG) of the Federal Fire Service (FFS).
A statement signed by Al-Hassan Yakmut, Secretary, Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) on Thursday in Abuja said that the appointment took effect from March 29.
Yakmut said that Ibrahim’s appointment was made following the retirement of Mr Joseph Anebi, the former fire service boss.
“The appointment is for an initial term of 4 years and subject to the extant rules and regulations governing retirement in the public service,” he said