- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
Buhari makes new appointment, Liman Ibrahim becomes CG of Federal Fire Service
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr Liman Ibrahim as the new Controller-General (CG) of the Federal Fire Service (FFS).
A statement signed by Al-Hassan Yakmut, Secretary, Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) on Thursday in Abuja said that the appointment took effect from March 29.
Yakmut said that Ibrahim’s appointment was made following the retirement of Mr Joseph Anebi, the former fire service boss.
“The appointment is for an initial term of 4 years and subject to the extant rules and regulations governing retirement in the public service,” he said